Vegetable Poha – You all can enjoy the breakfast of Vege Poha, which is prepared quickly by mixing light vegetables of your own choice and soft poha.
- 2 cups poha (flattened rice)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup green peas, boiled
- 2-3 table spoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon oil, to fry
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or as required
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ½ inch ginger (adrak), grated
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon cream(malai)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon haldi (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- Clean the poha. Put the poha in the strainer and wash it with enough water. After draining all the water from the poha. Keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium flame. When the oil is heated, put peanuts in it and fry on low flame, till golden brown in color. Take out all the peanuts in a plate and keep a side.
- Now in the same pan and oil, add chopped potatoes and fry them on medium flame, till golden brown in color and potatoes should also be cooked from inside. Take out all the potatoes in a plate and keep them aside.
- Now in the same pan and oil, put mustard seeds (rai) and when it starts to crackle, add chopped green chilies and grated ginger, sauté for a minute.
- If you want to add vegetables of your own choice like carrot, baby corn, capsicum, sweet corn etc. You can add now. And cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fried potatoes and boiled peas and sauté well. Add all the spices – garam masala, coriander powder, white salt, black salt, red chili powder, sugar, and haldi if you want to add but I didn’t use. Sauté for few seconds. Then add cream and mix well. Add lemon juice and again mix well. Now masala gravy is ready for poha.
- Add soaked poha and mix well in the prepared masala gravy. Then cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the lid, again sauté for a minute. Switch off the gas and garnish with some coriander leaves and fried peanuts.