Veg Paneer Pockets Recipe: Excellent look and tasty flavored Tawa Fry Veg Paneer Paratha, perfect for packing in children’s Tiffin.
- 1 cup or 150 gram whole wheat flour
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum, finely chopped
- 50 gram paneer
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 baby corn, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ inch ginger, finely grated
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon plain salt or as required
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
Methods: How to Make Veg Paneer Pockets on Tawa
For Making Dough of Veg Paneer Paratha:
- Take out the whole wheat flour in a big bowl. Put 1 teaspoon of ghee in the flour and mix ¼ teaspoon of salt and mix it well and pour a little bit of water and prepare a soft dough like chapattis. Cover the dough for 20-25 minutes, the dough will be set and ready.
For Stuffing of Veg Paneer Pockets:
- Take 1 table spoon oil in the pan and heat it. Add cumin seeds in hot oil and lightly fry them. After frying cumin, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, finely chopped ginger and finely chopped green chilies and fry the spices lightly.
- When the masala is roasted, add finely chopped vegetables- carrot, baby corn, capsicum and tomato and mix it. Put salt and 1 table spoon water in the vegetable. Cover the vegetables for 2 minutes and cook until they are lightly crunchy.
- After 2 minutes check the vegetables, add red chili powder, pizza sauce and mix well. Stuffing is ready, switch off the gas. Mix a little bit of fresh coriander and mix it well. Transfer the stuffing to the plate so that it cools quickly.
Methods of stuffing Veg Paneer pockets and frying:
- After 20 minutes the dough is set and ready. Apply a little ghee on your hand and make the dough lubricate again. Keep the tawa on the gas for heating.
- Pinch a little dough from the kneaded dough and make a ball. Roll the dough ball with both the palm. Wrap the dough into a little dough and prepare the dough in a semi-circular shape.
- By leaving the edges, put a little bit of stuffing on the half part of the flattened dough, and spread it thin. Then put pieces of cheese on top of this stuffing and keep the cabbage on top of it. Apply a little water with the help of a finger on the edges of the flattened dough and lifting the half part of the flattened dough, cover the stuffing and then stick the edges to the fingers. Hold the edges slightly with the help of forks. Veg Paneer Pocket / Veg Paneer Paratha is ready to cook.
- When tawa is warmed, apply a little ghee on the pan and put the prepared parathas on the hot pan. Put some ghee on the edges of parathas and also on top of the paratha. Fry the parathas until the golden spots come down on a low flame. Cover the parathas and allow them for 2 minutes so that the parathas can be well prepared from the inside side.
- After 2 minutes, flip the Paranthas and mix parathas on medium flame. Apply ghee to the top of the paratha and compress the parantha by mixing them both sides without covering them till the golden brown spots come.
- Parantha is ready to serve. Put the paratha on a plate, and keep it in place so that the steam can get out. Prepare by making all Paranthas in the same way. With the rest of the dough 3 to 4 parathas can be made
- Hot and Tasty Veg Paneer Paratha / Veg Paneer Pocket is ready. You can eat it comfortably with nothing else. If you want, it can also be eaten with mango or sweet & sour chutney. Paranthas can be cut and given to children in Tiffin; children will love this paratha very much.