Veg / Vegetable Manchow Soup Recipe: Manchow soup is one of the popular cheese soups. Due to its easy to cook recipe, hot & sour and spicy taste, this veg manchow soup is very high in demand in India also, so it is available in all restaurants and road side dhaba also. Let’s make this mouth watering soup at home.
Cooking time: 30 min
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/3rd cup cook noodles
- Oil to deep fry
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup grated cabbage
- 1/3rd cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ cup French beans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black or white pepper powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 6 teaspoon cornstarch powder dissolve in 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 table spoon oil
- Salt, according to your taste
Method: How to make Veg Manchow Soup Recipe
Prepare all the chopped vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies, when the oil is heated. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add chopped green onion and sauté for a minute. Add chopped finely mushroom and French beans; stir fry till the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add chopped cabbage, carrot and capsicum, stir fry for 4-5 minutes on medium to high flame.
- When the vegetables are cooked, then add soya sauce and black pepper powder. And add vegetable stock and salt.
- Let the soup cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Make a cornstarch paste by mixing 6 teaspoons of cornstarch and 3 table spoon of water. Add this paste to the soup and mix well.
- Now cook the soup, until the vegetable manchow soup turns into slightly thickened consistency.
- In the meanwhile, take a cooked noodles and stir fry them in oil, till the noodles become crisp.
- When the soup becomes thick in consistency, then add ¼ teaspoon of vinegar and stir.
- Add fried noodles to the soup and garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve veg manchow soup hot in a serving bowl.
If you don’t have spring onion, you can replace it with regular onion.
- If you don’t have vegetable stock, then you can replace it by water.
- Seasoning like salt, pepper, vinegar and soya sauce you can increase or decrease the amount according to your taste.