Sweet & Sour Date Chutney Recipe – The sweet and sour taste of the date chutney, which is very different from the ordinary chutney, is particularly liked by the children.
- 100 g or 10-12 Dates (khajoor)
- 100 g or ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon raisins (kishmish)
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste (adrak ka paste)
- 1 pinch asafetida (heeg)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¾ teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
Methods: How to make Sweet & Sour Date Chutney Recipe
- Cut the date stems and remove seeds, then finely chop the dates. Make sugar syrup during this time. For this, put sugar and half cup of water in the pan and keep it on the gas and cook the sugar till dissolve in water.
- Then, add chopped dates, raisins, ginger paste, garam masala and red chili powder to the syrup. Also add cumin powder, black salt, plain salt, asafoetida and dry mango powder. Mix all the ingredients well and cook until the chutney is thickened.
- A very tasty and delicious Sweet & Sour Date Chutney is ready. Take the prepared chutney in a bowl. You can serve the Sweet & Sour Date Chutney with chapati or paratha. Pack this Khajoor ki chutney to the children in Tiffin with parantha, they will love it very much. Sweet & Sour Date Chutney can be store in the fridge for 2 months.