- 1 kg raw mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (kuti lal mirch)
- 2 teaspoon kalonji masala
- 25 g black salt (kala namak)
- 25 g salt (safed namak)
- 750 g sugar (chini)
- Wash all the chopped raw mangoes. Spread them on large cotton clothe for drying up all the water from the mangoes. Please make sure there should not remain a single drop of water.
- Add salt in mangoes and mix well in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or plate and keep them in a sun light for 2 days. So that mangoes can release its juice.
- On 3 rd day, take out only juice from mangoes in a pan. Put that pan on medium to high flame and add sugar. When sugar completely dissolves in the juice, then add mangoes. And let it cook till the mangoes slices become transparent.
- Switch off the flame and add rest of the spices.
- Your sweet mango pickle is ready to serve.