Stuffed Masala Bun Recipe: Steamed Masala Bun made with whole wheat flour and vegetables of your own choice are delicious, as well as nutritious. If you eat it once, you will feel like eating it again and again.
Ingredients For Bun:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- 100 g paneer
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
Methods: How to make Steam Cooked Stuffed Masala Bun Recipe
- Dough Making for bun: Take out the flour in large bowl. After that, add sugar, yeast, salt and half oil to the flour and mix all the ingredients well. Prepare a little water with the help of lukewarm water and prepare it like soft chapatti dough. Then, apply oil on your hand and make the dough smooth. Put a little oil on the dough and cover it and put it in a warm place, the dough will double in two hours.
- For making stuffing: To make stuffing, heat oil by adding oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add carrot, peas, capsicum, ginger paste, green chillies, salt and coriander powder. Mix all things well. Cover the vegetable for 2 minutes to soften. In the meantime, break the paneer finely. Then, check the vegetables. Vegetables have become soft. Add crumbled cottage cheese, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and dry mango powder to it. Mix all the ingredients well and fry it for 1 minute. Stuffing is ready, stop the gas. Mix green coriander in the stuffing and take it out in a bowl.
- Method of Stuffing Masala Bun: Massage and punch the dough lightly by hand and make 12 ball pieces of flour with equal quantity. Raise a piece of dough and raise the finger slightly in the diameter of 2 to 3 inches in diameter and thumb. then, keep 2 small spoon stuffing on top of it. Raise the dough from all sides and close the stuffing thoroughly and give the shape of the bun and put it on the tray. Keep all the fills up like this and keep it a side.
- Cook Bun in Steam: Put 3 to 4 cups of water in a large pot and keep it for boiling. Take a sieve after boiling in water and grease it with oil. Then, place this sieve on top of the pot and keep it ready on a short distance and let them cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Afterwards, check the Bun, if they are cooked, takes them out in the plate. Cook the remaining beans in steam in the same way.
- Steam cooked masala buns are absolutely ready. Taste them with green coriander chutney, chilli sauce, tomato sauce or sweet chutney and eat it together.
- If you are using dry yeast instead of instant active dry yeast, then activate it first. For this, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of lime warm water and put some sugar and keep it covered for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes the yeast will become active, after that, mix it in flour.
- For stuffing, you can add cauliflower, cabbage, boiled soya granules, cheese etc. as you like.