Spicy Sprouted Moong Dal Parathas – Whether the stuffed parathas filled with this nutritious sprouted moong dal or you make them by mixing in flour, it enhances both taste and health.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sprouted moong dal
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch asafetida
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger grated
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as required
Method: How to make Spicy Sprouted Moong Dal Parathas | Ankurit Moong Dal Masala Paratha
- Prepare the sprouted moong dal by grind it in a mixer.
- Put the moong dal in flour with cumin, salt, asafoetida, coriander powder, green chili, red chili powder, ginger paste, finely chopped green coriander and 1 teaspoon of oil. Mix all the ingredients until they mix well. Prepare the soft dough by adding little water. Cover the dough and keep it for 20 minutes, flour will be ready and set.
- After 20 minutes, the dough is set and ready. Apply a little oil in your hand and massage the dough to smooth it. To make parathas, let the iron pan on gas to heat it and break a little dough from the dough and make a round ball and wrap it in dry flour. Put the dough on the chakla and roll the ball in the 4 to 5 inch diameter circle.
- Put a little oil on the paratha, spread it all around and turn half. Spread four more on a half-folded paratha and pour some oil over it. Turn it halfway again. Tikoni loi will be ready. Wrap the prepared paratha into a dry dough and prepare it in a trianglugar shape, thin.
- Now fry the paratha on hot tava by applying oil on both the side, and fry it till it become crispy and golden brown.
- Spicy Sprouted Moong Dal Parathas are ready. Eat these parathas with aloo tamater ki sabji, roasted tomato sauce, raita, chutney or pickle.