Cooking time: 20 min
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 kg Ripe tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup chopped basil (optional)
- 1/4 tsb black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp butter or any oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp cream for serving and adding
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour powder
- 1/4 cup water to mix cornflour
- salt as per your taste
- 1-2 brown/white bread Or cut the toast into small pieces.
- few chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil all the tomatoes with 250 ml water in a pressure cooker upto 2 whistle. switch off the gas and let cool down on its own.
- After cool down the pressure cooker, open the lid, drain the all water of the tomatoes and store it in a container (this water is vegetable stock) and keep aside . Skinned and chop all the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat butter on medium flame. add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds. Switch off the flame.
- Add chopped onions and stir fry them till they become translucent.
- Now take a blender or mixing jar and add 250 ml vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes and fried onion garlic and basil leaves. Blend all till they become smooth in texture.
- Now transfer the mixture in a large pan, add salt and black pepper powder. Put this soup mixture pan on low to medium flame and bring it to boil.
- take a small bowl, and mix 1 tsp cornflour powder with 1/4 cup of water. Add it to the boiling soup mixture and mix well.
- cook the soup on low flame for 4-5 minutes till the tomato soup thickens.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp cream, mix well. Let it cook for a minute on low flame.
- In the mean while toast the bread in the electric toaster and cut into small pieces. If you don’t have toaster, then you can roast bread on tava also. Or you can use readymade toast.
- Serve hot rich tomato soup in a bowl and garnish with remaining cream and fresh chopped coriander leaves.