Rajasthani traditional Moong dal Paratha, prepared with ground moong dal mixed with whole wheat flour with some spices. Make this Moong Dal paratha in a morning meal or dinner, you will definitely like it.
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
For Moon Dal Paratha Dough:
- 100 grams yellow moong dal
- 300 grams whole wheat flour (ata)
- A pinch of asafoetida (heeng)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Salt as per your taste
- Oil as required for cooking
For Rajasthani traditional moong dal paratha dough:
- Soak the split moong dal in water for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain all the water from the dal and add whole wheat flour (ata), 1 tablespoon oil, salt and all other dry ingredients. And mix well.
- Add water and make the dough.
How to make Rajasthani moong dal paratha:
- Make some medium size of balls from the dough.
- Roll them into a circle shape of 4-5 inch radius.
- Heat the iron tava.
- Place the moong dal paratha on hot tava.
- Apply oil on both the side and cook them until crisp and golden brown.
- Rajasthani Moong dal paratha is ready to serve with some pickle & chutney.
- You can mix chopped onion, garlic and chopped coriander leaves in the dough.