Mixed Dal Tadka Recipe: The five-pulse dal of Rajasthan, which is made in equal quantity, is especially rich with bati, the highest amount of Rajasthani Panchratna Dal.
- 30g or 2 tablespoons chana dal(soaked)
- 30g or 2 tablespoons Arhar dal (soaked)
- 30g or 2 tablespoons urad dal (soaked)
- 30g or 2 tablespoons moong dal (soaked)
- 30g or 2 tablespoons masoor dal (soaked)
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 2-3 tbsp green coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp jeera
- ½ pinch heeng
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tomato
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- Whole spices – 1 badi elaichi, 2 laung, 8-10 kali mirch
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 whole red chilies
- 2 green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon or as required
- Clean and wash all the pulses and soak them in water for 1 hour. Remove excess water from the dals.
- Put all the pulses in the cooker and pour water in the cooker up to 1 inch above the lentils. Put 1 teaspoon of salt and half turmeric, close the lid of the cooker and cook till the pulse gets 1 whistle.
- After that slows the gas and let the pulse cook for 2 minutes and then turn off the gas flame. After releasing the pressure from the cooker, open the cooker.
- Take finely chopped tomatoes.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of ghee in a pan, heat it, add cumin seeds in hot ghee and fry it. After that add the asafoetida, fry the remaining half turmeric, coriander powder, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chilies, and curry leaves, whole red chilies and chopped green chilies in length. Then, add finely chopped tomatoes into it. Fry the spices until the ghee starts to separate from the spices.
- Peel the large cardamom in the whole masala and extract its seeds and crack these seeds with black pepper and cloves and put it in tomato spices. Also, add red chili powder.
- When the ghee is separated from spices then the masala is ready. Put boiled pulse in the fried masala, mix the lentils well and mix a little bit of green coriander and mix it. Cook lentils for 1-2 minutes.
- The lentil is cooked, turn off the gas and take out the Pancharatna dal in a bowl. Put a little bit of ghee on top to make the mixed dal more tasty. Put green coriander on the dal and decorate it. Serve and eat delicious, panchratna dal with paratha, chapati, naan or rice.