No-Bake Chocolate Squares Recipe– These are handy little squares to keep in the refrigerator for when unexpected guests arrive. Children also enjoy making them.
Preparation Time: 2 hours 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- 275 g dark chocolate
- 175 g or ¾ cup butter
- 4 tablespoon golden (light corn) syrup
- 2 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 175 g plain biscuits (cookies), such as rich tea
- 25 g toasted rice cereal
- 50 g or ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
- 100g or ½ cup glace (candied) cherries, chopped
- 25 g white chocolate, to decorate
Method: How to make no-bake Chocolate Squares Recipe at home
- Place the dark chocolate in a large mixing bowl with the butter, syrup, and rum, if using, and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted stirring until blended.
- Break the biscuits (cookies) into small pieces and stir into the chocolate mixture along with the rice cereal, nuts, and cherries.
- Line an 18 cm / 7-inch square cake tin (pan) with baking parchment. Pour the mixture into the tin (pan) and level the top, pressing down well with the back of a spoon. Chill for 2 hours.
- To decorate, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the cake in a random pattern. Leave to set. To serve, carefully turn out of the tin and remove the baking parchment. Cut into 16 squares.
- Brandy or an orange flavored liqueur can be used instead of the rum, if you prefer. Cherry brandy also works well. For a coconut flavor, replace the rice cereal with desiccated (shredded) coconut and add a coconut flavored liqueur.