Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe: Mixed Vegetable soup is full of healthy and leafy vegetables. Mixed Vegetable Soup tastes best in winters because the vegetables which are used in this soup mostly come in the winter season. This soup is also known as Clear Vegetable Soup.
Cooking time: 30 min
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic, chopped (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon ginger, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/3rd cup cauliflower, grated
- 1/3rd cup carrot, grated
- 1/3rd cup capsicum, grated
- ¼ cup French beans, finely chopped
- ½ cup green peas
- 3 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon grounded black pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- Salt, according to your taste
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped for garnishing
Method: How to make Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. When the oil is heated add ginger and garlic. Sauté for few seconds but don’t let it brown.
- Add spring onion or onion, whatever you have. Stir fry till it becomes translucent.
- Then add finely chopped cabbage, french beans, and grated carrot, capsicum, and cauliflower. Also, add green peas. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add 3 cups of water and let it bring to boil.
- When the mixed vegetable clear soup starts to boil. Add salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook the mixed vegetable clear soup on low flame, till the vegetables are completely cooked. Then switch off the flame.
- Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe is ready to serve. Garnish it with some finely chopped spring onions and fresh coriander leaves.
- You can replace water with vegetable stock.
- In the veggies, you can also add celery and mushrooms, if you like.