Melted Chocolate Wedges Recipe– These are perfect with a bedtime drink, although you can enjoy these tasty biscuit (cookie) wedges at any time of the day.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- 100g or 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp golden (light corn) syrup
- 2 tbsp malted chocolate drink
- 225g malted milk biscuits (cookies)
- 75g milk or dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g or 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
Method: How to make Melted Chocolate Wedges at home
- Grease a shallow 18 cm / 7 inch round cake tin and line the base.
- Place the butter, golden (light corn) syrup and malted chocolate drink in a small pan and heat gently, stirring all the time until the butter has melted and mixture is well combined.
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, or process them in a food processor until they form crumbs. Stir the crumbs into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Place the chocolates in a small heat proof bowl with the icing sugar and the milk. Place the bowl over the pan of gently simmering water and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is combined.
- Spread the chocolate icing over the biscuit base and leave to set in the tin. Using a sharp knife, cut into wedges to serve.