Masala Urad Dal Tadka Dhaba Style Recipe: Urad Dal Tadka is mostly made in North India. Urd dal, made with freshly grounded whole spices, asafoetida and whole red chilli tadka, is served in the abundance of dhabas especially in northern India.
- ½ cup or 100 gram urad dal
- 1 tomato, paste
- 1 green chili, paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 green coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 whole red chilies
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 10 black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
Methods: How to make Masala Urad Dal Tadka Dhaba Style Recipe
- Clean and wash all the urad dal and remove excess water.
- Wash tomato green chilies and make a paste by putting it in a mixer jar.
- Peel the large cardamom and extract its seeds. Now take these seeds, black pepper and cloves and crack them.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of ghee in the cooker and let it warm. Heat the ghee and add cumin seeds and fry them, add asafoetida, crushed spices, turmeric powder, and coriander powder and curry leaves, fry them and mix well.
- After this, add tomato green chili paste, ginger paste and finely chopped ginger, fry until the ghee starts separating from the spices.
- Once the ghee starts separating from ginger, then add urad dal and fry the lentils with spices for 1 minute. Now add 2 cups of water and salt and mix it. Close the cooker. After a whistle in the cooker, slow the flame and let the lentils cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas.
- Open the lid of the cooker when the whole steam leaves from the cooker. Now add garam masala and finely chopped green coriander and mix it. The Masala Urad Dal is ready to eat, but to make the dal more tasty dhaba style, add another tadka to the urad dal.
- Put 2 teaspoons of ghee in a small pan, heat it, add half a teaspoon cumin seeds and whole red chili in hot ghee and fry them lightly. Put this tadka on top of Dal and decorate it with green coriander. Delicious Masala Urad Dal Tadka Dhaba Style is ready. You serve it with chapati, rice, nan or anyone and eat it.