- 5 kg raw mango, chopped (don’t peel)
- 250 g red chili flakes (kuti lal mirch)
- 750 g salt (safed namak)
- 250 g desi ghee
- 6 g heeng (asafoetida)
- 250 g fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 125 g turmeric powder (haldi)
- Wash all the chopped raw mangoes. Spread them on large cotton clothe for drying up all the water from the mangoes. Please make sure it should not contain a single drop of water.
- Heat the desi ghee in a pan on low flame, then add fenugreek seeds and fry it till golden brown.
- Add heeng, sauté for few seconds. Add red chili flakes (kuti lal mirch), sauté for a minute.
- Now switch off the flame. Immediately add turmeric powder and fry and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Let the prepared spices cool.
- Grind all the spices in the grinder.
- Add salt to the grinded spices and mix well.
- Then mix this prepared spices to chopped and dried mangoes. Mix well.
- Transfer the prepared mango pickle in the jar. And keep the jar in sunlight for 20 days.
- Stir and sauté the pickle from bottom to top everyday once for 20 days.
- After 20 days your Mango Pickle in Desi Ghee is ready to use.