Today, we have brought the recipe of makhni gravy. Makhani gravy doubles the taste of the recipes of lentils, paneer, koftas etc.
Ingredients for Makhni Gravy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ inch ginger (adrak)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ cup cream
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, or as required
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon cream for garnishing
Methods: How to make Makhni Gravy for Recipes of dal, paneer, and koftas
1. To make the gravy, prepare tomato, ginger and green chili paste.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and heat it. When the oil is hot, add roasted cumin seeds and fry it lightly, and keep the gas slower so that the spices do not burn.
3. After frying cumin, add coriander powder and turmeric powder and fry the masala lightly. After frying the masala, put tomato-ginger-green chilli paste and add red chili powder and fry the spices until the oil starts separating from the spices.
4. Keep on stirring the spices in the middle. When the oil starts separating from the spices and makes a good smell coming out from it, then the masala is ready. Add half a cup of cream in the spices and roast the spices continuously until the spices do not boil and oil starts separating.
5. When the spices are roasted, add ½ cup of water to the spices. You can add water to the gravy as you like a thin or a thicker consistency.
6. Let the gravy bring to boil. Then add salt, garam masala and a little bit of coriander and mix it. Boil the gravy for 1-2 minutes. Put 1 tablespoon butter in the gravy and mix it.
7. Makhani gravy is ready. Turn off the gas and take out the gravy in a bowl. Add some green coriander leaves and garnish the gravy. Makhani gravy can be used to make Paneer Makhani, Vegetable Makhni, Dal Makhni or Kofta.