Tendli/Tindora Pickle Recipe: Vegetables and chutneys are made from kunduru, but the pickles made from it are also of the finest flavor. Let’s make different flavored Kundru pickle.
- 250 g kundru
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 table spoon vinegar
- ¼ cup mustard oil
- A pinch o f Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon fennel (saunf)
- 2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Cut off each Kundru stem and separate it by dividing them into four lengths. Put the salt in a bowl and mix it with salt and keep the bowl off and keep it in the sun for 3 to 4 hours so that the juice gets out of it.
- After 4 hours, mix the Kunduru well and then, add the Kunduru to the strain placed on the cup and filter the juice.
- After this, prepare spices for the pickle. Heat the pan. Fry the fenugreek seeds, fennel and mustard seeds in the hot pan, stir fry them lightly, stirring continuously for 1 to 2 minutes so that their moisture ends. Keep frying while roasting spices. Turn off the gas after the spices are roast and take out the spices in a bowl so that it cools down quickly.
- After the spices are cooled, add them to the mixer jar and grind them roughly.
- After this, heat the pan on the gas and put oil in it. Heat the oil well. Then, switch off the gas and put the pieces of kundru into the hot oil. After that, add roasted spices, asafoetida, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
- After mixing all the spices in the pieces of Kunduru, take out the pan from the gas and at the end, add vinegar and mix it well. Kunduru’s pickle is ready; take it out in a plate.
- Kundru pickle full of spicy flavors is ready. You can still eat it, but the real taste of pickle will be found after 2 days when the spices will get very well in Kundru pieces. This pickle can be eaten in the fridge for 2 to 3 months and without a fridge for 15-20 days.
- If you want, then keep salt in the kunduru at night, till the morning the juice will come out.
- If the mustard oil is heated well then its acidity decreases.
- Roast whole spices very lightly, their color should not change, just moisture should be over.
- Keep the pickle in any container and stir it from top to bottom with a spoon once or twice in the day so that the oil which sits down can be well mixed in the pickle.
- In the container that has a pickle, wash it with boiling water and apply it only after drying it well in the sun. Any type of moisture or dirt should not be in the container.
- Use a dry and clean spoon to take out the pickle. Pickled should not cause any moisture, otherwise, the pickle quickly gets spoiled.