Steamed Poha Recipe: Indore special steam cooked soft poha recipe are very good in taste as well as are also good in heath. This light snacks can be eaten with fun, at any time in the day.
For Steamed Poha Recipe:
- 1 cup or 150 gram poha
- ½ cup namkeen sev
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1-2 tablespoon green coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 15-20 curry leaves
- 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 2 green chilly, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
Method: How to make Indore Special Steam cooked Poha Recipe
- Take the medium size Poha and wash it with clean water twice. Then add sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, turmeric powder in the poha and mix all the ingredients well. After that add 2 tbsp lemon juice and mix it. Put the poha for 5 minutes, they will be well floral and ready.
- After 5 minutes, toss poha and spread them with spoons.
- Take any such pan to make the poha in steam, in which the sieve can be fit. Put 2 to 2.5 cups of water in the pan, cover the water and boil them so that it will be boiled quickly. Put the poha in the sieve and spread it well.
- When the water comes to boil, put the sieve on the pan and cover it. Allow the poha to cook on medium flame for 10 minutes. Check Poha after 10 minutes. Poha is ready, take them out in the cup.
- Tempering Poha- To temper, the poha, add oil in small pan, heat it, add mustard seeds in hot oil and fry it until mustard seeds start spluttering, add curry leaves and green chillies and fry them lightly. Put the tempering on the poha and mix it lightly.
- Steamed Poha is ready, take them out in the plate and serve them. Pour the poha into the plate and put some salted namkeen sev on them, also add some roasted grounded peanuts, and garnish with some little green coriander. If you want, keep a little lemon with it and eat it at any time.
- Do not put too much water in the poha, otherwise, it becomes sticky and greasy. The water should be just so that the poha can just be wet.
- If you prefer less oil for poha, you can take 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Chillies you can use according to your taste and if you are making poha for children, then chilli can be removed.
Keywords: steamed poha, poha cooked in steam, street style poha, Indore special poha