Naan Recipe Using Iron Tava: Naan can be made on iron tava very easily and it also taste very good. If the electricity is missing, even if you do not have tandoor and oven, you can serve Naan made on the tava.
For Making Naan Dough:
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon curd (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji), for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (til), for garnishing
- Butter for garnishing
- Some water for making dough
For Making Dough:
- Take maida (all purpose flour) in a large bowl, add baking powder, soda, salt and curd. Mix properly
- Then add water slowly and knead properly to make a smooth and soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for an hour, till the dough rises double in size.
For making naan:
- Make some medium size of balls from the dough.
- Roll them in oval shape by stretching the dough to one side.
- Heat the iron tava.
- Now apply some water on one side of the naan. And place that water applied side of the naan on hot tava.
- And apply some white sesame seeds and nigella seeds for garnishing on another side of the naan. And press them slightly with the help of finger. So that seeds can properly stick to naan.
- Partially cook the naan from both the side. Then cook the naan directly on flame with the help of tongs, till spotted brown and charred.
- Apply some butter on naan and serve hot tava naan with dal and curry.
- You can also use kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and coriander leaves for garnishing along with sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon ghee while kneading the dough, to make the dough more smooth and soft.