Homemade Vegetable Pizza – Veg Pizza can make in many different ways. You can make it by putting the topping on the half-baked pizza base available in the market, but the taste of pizza which is made from fresh pizza dough with the overloaded mozzarella cheese is something else.
For the dough of the pizza base:
- 2 cups or 220 g all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Water as required
For pizza sauce:
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh oregano
- 2 pinch black pepper powdered or crushed
- Salt as required
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 capsicum, chopped or sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped or sliced
- Other veggies like green olives, black olives, sweet corns etc
- 25 g Cottage Cheese (paneer), cut into cubes
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- Grated mozzarella cheese or any other pizza cheese
- Dried herbs like oregano
- Dried Red paprika
For dough of pizza bread base:
- Take 3/4 cup lukewarm water (the water does not get too hot). Fill 1 teaspoonful of yeast grains and add into the water, add sugar, cover the water and keep it a side for 2-3 minutes.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl. Add olive oil and salt in the flour and mix well.
- Knead the dough with the help of yeast water. Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Take some oil in hands and smoothen the kneaded dough and keep it in a deep bowl. Cover and wrap it with a muslin cloth and keep it in a warm place.
- The dough will double up in 3-4 hours. The dough is prepared to make pizza.
How to make pizza sauce recipe:
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly and chopped them.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and fry them.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add dried herbs like basil, oregano, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and pizza sauce is ready.
- You can store the pizza sauce in a container and keep it in a refrigerator.
How to make pizza at home:
- Flatten the dough, sprinkle some flour over the dough and roll it into the radius of 10 inches.
- Grease and dust the pizza pan. Place the rolled pizza dough into the pan.
- Apply some butter over the surface of the dough.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pizza base.
- Spread a layer of grated mozzarella pizza cheese
- Add toppings of chopped or sliced veggies like onion, capsicum, tomatoes, sweet corns, black or green olives and paneer cubes etc.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the veggies.
- Now bake the pizza in the preheated microwave on the convection mode for 15-20 minutes at 200°C
- Take out the pizza from the microwave; sprinkle some oregano and red paprika over the pizza. Serve hot.