Homemade Cerelac Powder Recipe – Homemade Cerelac or Sathu maavu Powder you can offer to your toddlers/babies because this powder is full of nutrition. There is not hard and fast rule that this cerelac can be offered to only babies up to 2 years, even adults can eat it.
Dose for babies: Take 2 tablespoons of this health mix porridge mix with milk, buttermilk or water. Mix it like no lumps form. Now put it on a gas and starts cooking it on a low flame until it cooked completely.
If you want to mix it with formula milk, then you have to cook it water and make a thick paste, then mix it with formula milk to get the desired consistency.
- 5 cup White/Brown Rice
- 1 cup Black Urad Dal
- 1 cup Green Gram
- 1 cup Bhuna Chana
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup Red Masoor Dal
- 1 cup Wheat Dalia
- 1/2 cup Sago
- 1/2 cup Horse gram
- 1/2 cup Dried Corn
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Cashew
- 10 pods Elachi
- You can take more ingredients of your choice like oats, cornflakes, raagi, Peanuts, bajra, chana dal, rajma, soya beans, ajwain, cumin seeds, jowar, barley and some more dry fruits etc.
Methods: How to make Homemade Ready to Mix Cerelac Powder
- Soak all the ingredients separately in water for 10-15 minutes, drain out all the water and dry them.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, and starts dry roasting all the ingredients separately.
- Rice: roast till they become puffy.
- Dal: Mix all kind of dal together and dry roast till they become golden brown.
- Sago: Roast them till they become dry and crispy.
- Wheat Daliya: Roast it till they become golden brown in color.
- Horse gram: Roast them till they become dry, crispy and golden brown in color.
- Roasted Gram: Only slightly roast them.
- Green Gram: Roast it till they become golden brown in color.
- Corn: Roast them golden brown or till they start to crackle
- Almonds: Roast till they leave aroma and become crispy.
- Cashew: Roast it till they become golden brown in color.
- Elaichi: Slightly roast it
- Now take them out to a plate and let it cool completely.
- Now take all the ingredients together and put them in a mixer grinder and make the fine powder.
- Now Homemade Cerelac Powder is ready.
- You can store it in an airtight container for 5-6 months.