- 5 kg raw mango, peeled and chopped
- 500 g red chili flakes (kuti lal mirch)
- 850 g salt (safed namak)
- 500 g sugar (chini)
- 12 g heeng
- Wash all the chopped raw mangoes. Spread them on large cotton clothe for drying up all the water from the mangoes. Please make sure it should not contain a single drop of water.
- Add salt in mangoes and mix well in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or plate and keep them in a sun light for 2 days. Mix and stir well once in a day for every 2 days.
- On 3 rd day, add all the other spices and mix well.
- Transfer the pickle in a tight glass container. And keep the container in the sunlight for 10 days.
- Now no need to mix and stir the pickle.
- After 10 days, heeng ka achar (mango pickle with asafetida) is ready to use.