Moong Dal Soup Recipe – As everyone knows, moong dal in itself contains many health benefits. So Moong Dal Soup Recipe, you can introduce for the first time in your 6 months baby’s solid meals also but without spices.
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- ¼ cup skinned moong dal (dhuli moong ki dal)
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon desi ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup chopped vegetables like bottle gourd, pumpkin, spinach, carrot, etc.
- Salt as required
Spices Used in Moong Dal Soup Recipe: (Avoid these spices for 6-9 months babies)
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of dry ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
- A pinch of carom seeds (ajwain)
Methods: How to make Moong Dal Soup Recipe
- Wash the moong dal thoroughly with clean water and soak in enough water for about 1 hour. Then remove the excess water.
- Heat desi ghee in a pressure cooker. When the ghee is heated, add cumin seeds and fry till they start spluttering.
- Add grated ginger and sauté for 4-5 seconds.
- Add soaked dal without water and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped any vegetables of your choice (prefer to add green vegetables for babies and toddlers) and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water and salt. And pressure cook for up to 2-3 whistles on low to medium flame.
- Open the lid after releasing pressure on its own. Mash the dal with a spatula or you can also blend with an electric blender for babies.
- Add all the spices and mix well. Let the soup bring to boil on medium flame.
- Moong Dal Soup Recipe is ready. Serve warm.