Carrot ginger soup recipe – carrot ginger soup is one of the delicious and healthy soup. Mostly people and kids like the carrot, but when it cook with ginger, it enhances the taste of the recipe of carrot ginger soup. Carrot is also good for eyes sights and ginger is good for digestion and it also improves the immune system.
Cooking time: 20 min
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- Salt, according to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder), avoid for babies below 1 year
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Method: How to make healthy carrot ginger soup recipe
- Wash carrot thoroughly with water, then peel and chop finely. Keep aside.
- Peel, wash and chop the onion finely. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a pan. When the oil is hot, add chopped onions and stir fry them till they become translucent.
- Add chopped or grated ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped carrot and salt and mix well. Stir fry carrot for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the carrots covered on low- medium flame till they become soft. When the carrots are cooked, switch off the gas.
- Let the carrots cool slightly. Then transfer the carrot mixture into the blender jar and add ½ cup of water, and make its smooth puree in the blender jar.
- Transfer the carrot puree back again in the pan and add ½ cup of water again. Put the pan on the gas and cook the soup on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and serve the healthy carrot ginger soup recipe in a soup bowl, garnished with some fresh coriander leaves.