Crispy Matar Masala Mathri– Masala peas Mathari are excellent in the taste and great snacks for any time.
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 piece Green chili
- 5 cup all purpose flour
- 2 table spoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon slightly grinded black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt or as required
- ¼ cup oil to add in the flour
- Oil to fry
Methods: How to make Crispy Matar Masala Mathri | Mathari with Green Peas
- Add peas and green chilies in the mixer jar and grind slightly.
- Take the flour in a big bowl. Add grinded chili-peas, green coriander, black pepper, cumin, carom seeds and salt in it. Also, put ¼ cup of oil in it too. Mix all the ingredients together and prepare hard dough. Cover the dough and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The dough is set and ready in 20 minutes. Apply a little oil on your hand and massage the dough with hand for 2-3 minutes. Then, divide the dough into two parts. Take a piece and make a big round made from this. Make it a bit like a little paratha.
- To give the round shape to the mathari, take a small bowl with sharp edge and put it on a rolled paratha and press and cut the small round shaped matharies. Remove the excess dough and make it round again and make it ready after cutting it.
- After cutting the matharies, poke the matharies with the help of forks so that the mathri become completely crispy and they do not bloom like puri. Put them in the plate. Arrange all the mithras in such a way.
- Put ghee/oil in a pan and heat it. There should be very light warm ghee for frying Matar Masala Mathri. Put a mathari in lightly hot oil and keep the gas slow. As soon as the mathri swim up, turn over the mathries. Fry the mitharies in a similar way and fry until golden brown.
- Take out the fried mathirs in a plate placed by napkin paper, to remove excess oil from these, prepare all the mitharies in a similar way. It takes about 10 to 11 minutes to fry the monastery for first time.
- Crispy Matar Masala Mathries are ready. Serve these Crispy and Tasty Matthies with tea or coffee or at any time in the day as snacks. Keep the mitharies completely filled in a container after being completely cold and keep up for a whole month.
- While kneading the dough, you can use 1 or 2 teaspoons of water.
- The doughshould not be hard to make the mathari crispy
- Fry on the slow flame till the mathari become golden brown.