Creamy Sweet Corn Soup Recipe: Sweet corn soup is a vegan recipe, which is creamy in texture and its specialty is it made up from fresh American sweet corns.
Cooking time: 35 min
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 50 gram American Sweet Corns
- ½ teaspoon grounded black pepper
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 2 cups vegetable stock / Water
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, to make a cornstarch mixture
- Salt, according to your taste
Method: How to make Creamy Vegan Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- Boil all the sweet corns with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker up to 5-6 whistles. After releasing the pressure on its own. Drain out all its corn water in a bowl and keep aside.
- Reserve ¼ cup of boiled corns and keep aside, and blend the remaining corns in a blender or grinder till to the smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil/butter in a pan. When the oil is hot, add chopped spring onions and stir fry them till they become translucent.
- Add the blended corn paste and add the boiled corn water which we initially drained out in a bowl. If the corn water is less than 2 cups, then add some more water to make it total 2 cups. Stir and bring the sweet corn soup to boil.
- When the soup starts to boil. Add the reserved boiled corns, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame, till the sweet corn soup gets thickens and cooked properly.
- Creamy vegan sweet corn soup is ready to serve. Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves and finely chopped spring onions.