Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe– Muffins are always popular and are so simple to make. Mini muffins are fabulous bite size treats or perfect for children parties.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- 100g or 1/3 cup soft margarine or butter
- 225g or 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 ml or 2/3rd cup whole milk natural yogurt
- 5 tbsp milk
- 275g or 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 175g dark chocolate chips
Method: How to make Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe at home
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place the margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, yogurt and milk until combined.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda together and add to the mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in a preheated oven, at 190°C /375°F/Gas mark5, for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.