Chocolate Chip Flapjacks Recipe– Turn flapjacks into something special by adding chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is used here, but you can use milk or white chocolate instead.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- 275 g or ½ cup butter
- 75 g or 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden (light corn) syrup
- 350 g or 4 cups rolled oats
- 75 g or ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 50 g or 1/3rd cup sultanas (golden raisins)
Method: How to make Chocolate Chip Flapjacks Recipe at home
- Lightly grease a shallow 20 cm / 8-inch square cake tin.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, and golden syrup in a sauce pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until the butter and sugar melt and the mixture are well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rolled oats until they are well coated. Add the chocolate chips and the sultanas and mix well to combine everything.
- Turn into the prepared tin and press down well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C /350°F/Gas mark 4, for 30 minutes. Cool slightly, and then mark into fingers. When almost cold cut into bars or squares and transfer to a wire rack until cold.
- For a really special flapjack, replace some of the oats with chopped nuts or sunflower seeds and a little extra dried fruit.