Carrot Radish Pickle Recipe – A special carrot radish pickle gives you a different and unique taste for the winter. If you want to eat parathas and puri with this pickle, you also will not feel the need for a vegetable or pulse.
- 500g radish (washed and peeled)
- 250g carrot (washed and peeled)
- 50g ginger (washed and peeled)
- 50g green chili
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds
- 5 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
Method: How to make Carrot Radish Pickle| Gajar Muli Ka Achar
- Wash radish, carrot, ginger thoroughly and dry well till the water is dry. Remove the stems of green chillies and wash it thoroughly and dry it till it dries water.
- Cut the radish into pieces of 2-2 inch and cut these pieces finely in length. Cut the carrots in a similar way and take it out in a bowl. Cut ginger into thin slices and cut it into small pieces of 2 or 3 and take out in a bowl. Cut the green chilli into two pieces in length and take it out in a bowl.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of salt in all these ingredients and mix well. Once all the ingredients are well mixed, fill them in the container and close the container for 24 hours. After 10-12 hours, shake the container well once so that the contents stored in the container mix well.
- After 24 hours, inside the container, the juice of carrot which is stored below will separate it. For this, after straining a cup, put radish carrots placed in the container on it, by doing this, all the juice will drop in the cup below. Allow the radish carrot to remain in the sieve for 10 minutes so that all the juices should be out in the cup and come into the bowl.
- After 10 minutes, pour the radish, carrot, ginger, chilli in a tray and spread it well and keep it in the sun so that the remaining juice can be dried. If there is no incense, then dry it by putting it under fan for 1 hour.
- Dry radish carrots are ready, take out radish-carrots in a bowl. Put 2 teaspoons of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper, carom seeds and cracked mustard powder in it.
- Heat the mustard oil in the pan and heat it well so that the smoke appears in the oil. Turn off the gas and let the oil cool down. After the oil cools down, add asafoetida and pour it on top of the pickle and mix it well. After all the spices are well mixed, add 2 table spoon vinegar and mix it.
- Delicious Carrot Radish Pickle is ready. This pickle can still be consumed, but the real taste of pickle will be available only after 3 days, when the radish-carrot-ginger and green chillies will absorb the spices well. Fill the pickle in any air tight container and stir the pickle with a dry spoon for 2 to 3 days. This pickle can be eaten by keeping it for 3 to 4 months. Whenever you want to pickle with a meal, take a pickle from the container and eat it with fun.
- If the yellow part inside the carrots is hard and you do not like it then you can remove it.
- You can also use oil without heat. But if you do not like the oiliness of oil, you can heat it up and use it.
- Adding vinegar increases the taste of pickle and increases shelf life of pickles
- The vessel in which the pickle is making should be clean and dry.