Bajra Khichadi Recipe: Consumption of dishes made from millet is used to give the body warmth and strength in the winter. Come; let’s make the most delicious dish prepared in this season of winter.
- ½ cup Pearl Millet (Bajra)
- ½ cup moong dal
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ pinch asafetida
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as required
Methods: How to Make Winter Special Bajra Khichadi | Pearl Millet khichdi Recipe
- Clean and wash the moong dal thoroughly and wash it.
- Wash and clean the millet and soak it in water for 8-9 hours. After this, remove excess water from the bajra and keep it in sieve so that all the water is completely removed.
- Heat the cooker and add 1 table spoon of ghee and heat it. When ghee is heated, add 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds and fry them lightly. Then add asafoetida, finely chopped green chillies, ginger paste and turmeric powder and fry the spices lightly.
- Put millet in the spices and mix it with moong dal and mix it. Fry all the ingredients for 1 minute stir continuously.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to the khichdi and mix it. Apply the lid of the cooker and let the one whistle comes in a cooker, then slow the gas and let the khichadi cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 5 minutes. Open the cooker after the pressure is over. Khichdi is ready, take it out in a bowl. If you want you can serve like this but you can make it more tasty by putting some tadka. For tadka take a pan, add 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan to heat. When the ghee is warmed, add cumin seeds to it and fry it, tadka is ready.
- Put the tempering on the khichdi and mix it lightly. Tasty bajra khichadi is ready to taste. Serve khichadi with yogurt, pickle, chutney, papad and eat.
- I have made this khichdi tadka with asafoetida. You can also add garlic and onion as per your choice.
- Vegetables are not traditionally add in khichadi made from millets, but if you want to use peas, tomatoes, potatoes or cauliflower as you like, you can use them.
- If you like you can more ghee.