Apple Rice Porridge Recipe – Both apples and rice are very beneficial for children. Both of them together can prepare a recipe for children, which is called Apple Rice Porridge Recipe. For the babies less than 1 year, you can prepare Apple Rice Porridge Recipe by mashing or blending and you can also feed the children above 1 year without mashing.
Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
- 2 tablespoon rice (recommended brown rice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon desi ghee
- ½ teaspoon Sugar or salt (optional, but it is recommended not required below 1-year baby)
Methods: How to make Apple Rice Porridge Recipe
- Wash the rice thoroughly with clean water and soak for up to 30 minutes in 1 cup of water. If using brown rice, then soak for at least 2-3 hours or you can soak for overnight also.
- Slightly heat desi ghee in a pressure cooker, add soaked rice with water and take 1 whistle on high flame, then reduce the flame to low and take 2 more whistles on low flame.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool. When the pressure goes off on its own. Open the lid and mash the rice with a spatula or blend with an electric blender.
- Add grated or chopped apple and add some water if required to adjust the consistency. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and take one more whistle.
- Switch off the gas and let the pressure goes down on its own.
- Open the lid; mix and mash everything and add salt or sugar if required.
Serve luke warm Apple Rice Porridge Recipe to your baby or toddler.